Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Countdown

It begins!

Staging is September 29 in Philadelphia. We leave the next morning on a bus to JFK where we'll then fly (via Frankfurt?) to Baku.

It would be fantastic to receive mail during Pre-Service Training (PST). I'll be in PST for the months of October and November and during the beginning of December. The Peace Corps peeps recommend, during PST only, flat mail or padded envelopes. Send me larger and/or more 3D items (because you WILL send me packages, riiiiight?) after I get to my site. Here's the PST mailing address:

[My name], PCT
Peace Corps Azerbaijan
PO Box 77
AZ1000, Baku, Azerbaijan

Sounds like there are 61 other people embarking on this crazy adventure with me. I think there are only ~25 people in our Facebook group which means there are ~36 people I haven't 'met' yet! Cool. Plus there are the AZ6s and they've been tremendously patient and kind. (Shout-out to Loki and Amy.)

I know that I have a REALLY BIG mountain in front of me but I'm a decent hiker so I will climb on.

Mew.

PS - I almost forgot! The crows did not dive-bomb me again but my animal encounters have continued with zest. Mountain goats in the Enchantments, neighborhood cats, raccoons at my bus stop.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hey, Jenni!

Enjoy your time in America while you're still there! Next thing you know, you'll be in the crazy world of PC... especially those first experiences... i was just talking with a friend about how awkward, weird, and intense Philadelphia was. It's pretty much a high tension blur of continuous events.

Eli said...

Did you get official staging information from the PC? I still have yet to receive a packet.