Wednesday, June 3, 2009

'It doesn't get any better than this'

Or, "Saying Goodbye, Part I."

Last night was an absolutely gorgeous night on Lake Union. I was fortunate to sail and the weather was fantastic - short sleeves until 9pm! Duck Dodge was in full swing and the lake was covered in sailboats. At one point, we gave way to Circe and the skipper joyfully called out, "It doesn't get any better than this!" Indeed.

Right now, my life is abundant with good things. I have an excellent job and a happy personal life. It feels odd to start my countdown to AZ when all goes very, very well. Still, I know that it is time and, to quote Wendy Sue, I know that I can't live with "What if...?" Besides, it's much easier to initiate change when you're at the top instead of stuck at the bottom.

2 comments:

Dr. Shaz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey, it's Julia from AZ6. We are looking forward to receiving all of the AZ7 group with great pleasure! Let me know if I can help or offer answer any questions. Take good care! Enjoy your last few months in AMERICA!!
Best, Julia