Tuesday, September 29, 2009

This could be good

After submitting some paperwork*, I'm officially a Peace Corps Trainee (PCT). Next step is to wake up in 6 hours, lug my ridiculously enormous luggages (I like that word) to JFK, hop a couple of planes, and find myself in Baku, Azerbaijan. After that, it's 10 weeks of language, culture, safety, and job training. But I can only do this one day at a time so right now I'm focused on getting myself out of bed on time.

It's neat to finally meet the other trainees and freak out together. Good to know I'm not alone.

Random coolness: Molly sent me a link to the Asgarda, a group (cult?) of Ukrainian warrior women. Wish I'd been able to fit my foil and helmet in my suitcase...

1 comment:

Maulleigh said...

Yes, there are only a couple things you have to do.

1) Suit up.
2) Show up.
3) The next right thing.